As part of UAE Innovation Week, launched by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Ruler of Dubai, to make a culture of innovation a defining element of UAE society, and in line with Al Jalila Foundation vision to develop healthcare capacity in the UAE, the Foundation launched Al Jalila Foundation Healthcare Innovation Center (in2Hc), the UAE’s first healthcare incubator, on 23 November 2015.
in2Hc aims to enable aspiring Emirati physicians from a number of medical specialties to start-up their business enterprise in healthcare. The outcome of this initiative will be successful Emirati entrepreneurs who will transform healthcare in the UAE through their innovative contributions and services.
in2Hc is a collaboration between Al Jalila Foundation and Hamdan Innovation Incubator – Dubai SME. It is a SME incubation platform – that includes mentoring, funding and facilities – for healthcare projects (developed by Emirati physicians) in the UAE.
Once the eligible Emirati physician applies for accepted in the in2Hc, Al Jalila Foundation will provide the incubator and medical facilities at Dubai Healthcare City; and Dubai SME will provide an interest-free capital loan up to AED 1 million and and full access to Dubai SME services. A team from in2Hc will work with the applicants to assist them with successfully starting up and sustaining their in2Hc projects during the incubation period.
in2Hc is read as ‘Into Healthcare’. It is derived from the below to reflect the creative nature of the initiative:
|The first 2 letters of: innovation incubator||Health||Care|
in2Hc offers Emirati physicians the following benefits for a period of up to two years (can be extended to one additional year if needed):
- Provision of clinical space
- Access to medical insurance companies
- Provision of medical facilities and support services
- Provision of medical support team
- Provision of interest-free loan up to AED 1 million
- Provision of marketing support
- Access to all Dubai SME services
- Applicant has to be a specialized doctor, and a graduate from an accredited university/college
- Applicant has to be licensed by Dubai Healthcare Authority (click here for the Professional Licensing Requirements)
- Applicant should be Emirati and hold a valid UAE passport and UAE family book (KhulasatAlQayd)
- Applicant has to submit the in2Hc Application Form and all required documents listed in the in2Hc Application Form
- Applicant should not own a private clinic at the time of application
- Applicant has to devote time and effort to manage the project
- If the applicant has trade licenses in Dubai, they should not exceed four licenses
Terms and conditions apply.
If you have questions please click here for FAQs.
For more information on in2Hc please contact us on e-mail: in2Hc@aljalilafoundation.ae